Thursday 28 January 2010

Being A Bit Busy

The last few days have been rather busy for me, with packing up everything in sight to store away or to post up to the wee isle, with seeing old friends and enjoying meals and drinks with them, with birthday celebrations, with Burns dinner, with secret planning of special events, with trying to fit in sleep, with passport renewing, with music finding, with driving here there and everywhere, with being addicted to the film 'Once', with going to amazing concerts and gigs, with spending time with the family in various forms, with getting my hair cut, with, with, with...

So on to today, when I pop to see my cousin and kiddies, and have my leaving dinner and see my dad for the last time before I go (no, I'm not getting up at 7.30am tomorrow to say goodbye before he goes to work and then goes away for the weekend!). Oh, and I guess I should squeeze in doing my washing too! And then tomorrow the last pack up (if my clothes are dry!) and a birthday celebration for Sarah before heading through to Glasgow with Eilidh to stay the night there... it means I don't have to get up as early for the train!

So to conclude, lots of things to do and only 2 short sleeps to go before the adventure begins.... YAY!

4 comments:

  1. I know I don't see you often but you are in my thoughts and I here the "news" from others. I wish you all the very best for your work in Iona - a beautiful place - as you already know. I'm looking forward to my trip there next april/may. Take care
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer. Means a great deal to me to know people are thinking of me on my adventures. I'm sure you will hear when I am back down in Edinburgh again soon :) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. and according to Facebook Iona folk are ready and waiting to welcome you back. All best wishes - Dave H

    ReplyDelete