Tuesday 19 January 2010

'Scottish Songbook' Causes High Pitched Noises

For all of you who do not know, 'Scottish Songbook' was a concert as part of 'Celtic Connections', a night with a cross-genre collaboration of Scottish music, put together by Karine Polwart and Brian McAlpine, with the house band being Session A9. More info at http://www.celticconnections.com/

It just so happens that I, along with Eilidh (when I say along with, she was across the hall from me!), had tickets to go to said concert. And, overall, our impression of the night went something along the lines of *high pitched* "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!".... Sadly there is no way of me describing the action that went along with the said sound, but I can post a picture... the picture may remind you slightly of Wallace and Gromit...



Overall, a BRILLIANT concert, so brilliant that I won't even try to explain it but tell you that if you are quick you will be able to download it on BBC iPlayer and watch most of it for yourself. It was on tonight (Monday 18th Jan) on BBC2 Scotland... Go watch it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment